WHO WE ARE
We are involved in accessibility because we believe in its capacity to catalyze an inclusive world for everyone.
We are a consulting agency that provides innovative Universal Design solutions base on the social model of disability. Our expertise in national and international building codes and accessibility standards, architectural design review and site auditing is complemented by our ability to conduct extensive qualitative research and stakeholder engagement. We apply a social justice framework to our evaluations and accessible best practice recommendations for all urban environments including education, health care, residential, commercial, recreational, retail, and entertainment events among many other spaces. More than ensuring buildings and events comply with legal accessibility standards, we strive to elevate conversations beyond accessible built environments and provide thought leadership around inclusive social policies, programs and guidelines.
Our work stems from the belief that all future and existing environments should be accessible by everyone, regardless of age, ability or circumstance. Until you experience a disability—permanent or temporarily—it is hard to imagine what a challenge it can be to just get around. At Level Playing Field, we are proud to be industry leaders in our training, and in bringing an unparalleled level of lived experience and passion to every project we are involved in. The following five strategic advantages set us apart from our competitors and solidify our proven track record in championing accessibility into any project.
- The “Lived-Experience” Advantage | By centering our reviews, analyses, and recommendations for Universal Design solutions on the voices of people with disabilities, we tackle barriers from the perspectives of those with first-hand experience.
- The “Diverse Industry Expertise” Advantage | Our team brings together 30 years combined experience in architectural design, interior design, urban planning, disability policy review, and academic research.
- The “Strategic Relationship” Advantage | With an extensive network across industry, community, and government authorities, we are active in working in the development and implementation of Universal Design Best Practice policies and accessibility guidelines.
- The “Design to Budget” Advantage | By building in accessibility features from the start and futureproofing the built environment, we save clients’ money and future headaches of having to retrofit designs that are non-inclusive or non-compliant to accessibility standards.
- The “Accreditation” Advantage | We are able to provide Rick Hansen Foundation Accessibility Certification™ (RHFAC) to showcase the client’s commitment to designing meaningful access and holistic user experiences for everyone regardless of age or ability.
604 677 7799
403 612 7970
647 285 5313
Connect With Us
#810, 105 12 Ave. SE
Calgary, Alberta T2G 1A1
For Media Inquiries Please Contact: