WORK WITH US
Employment Opportunities at Level Playing Field
We are always looking for individuals passionate about accessibility/universal design.
A maximum of 1 page cover letter answering the questions below along with your resume and any supplemental documents are required in order to be considered. Attention to detail is a key skill for working with LPF. Failure to submit a cover letter will immediately disqualify you from being considered. Please email email@example.com
- What does Accessibility mean to you?
- What interested you about LPF?
- How do you handle a role with new challenges regularly?
- Do you have any experience with persons with disabilities?
- if so, could please provide more details
We thank all those who apply, but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In this exciting role, you will be responsible for directly working with the Operations Manager & Team. The ideal candidate will have excellent written and oral communication skills, a positive outgoing personality, and strong client relationship skills
- Provide accessibility consultation for ongoing projects through architectural drawing markups
- Attend client meetings and assist with the determination of project requirements
- Create extensive reports based on data provided by clients
- Define complex problems, collect data, draw valid conclusions and prepare appropriate reports base on accessible best practices
- Oversee project trail from PM
- Assist Lead Accessibility Strategist with reporting, presentations, and research
- Collect meeting minutes / takeaways from meetings and phone calls
- Assist in site audits
- Adaptable – no day is the same!
- Assist in organizing LPF Events and Seminars
- Attend conferences and events as needed
- Work with an interdisciplinary team to deliver projects on time and budget
You know that long boring education you are suffering through:
- Degree in Urban Planning, Architecture, Interior Design, Communications or any other related discipline
- Rick Hansen Foundation Accessibility Certification
- WELL AP Certification
- Project Management Certification
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Suite and Microsoft Office to create reports, proposals, and other supporting documents
- Knowledge of accessible building codes/guidelines and ongoing current understanding of all relevant accessibility standards
- Ability to read and interpret high-detail construction documents
- Ability to perform site visits to collect the necessary data as part of the scope of work
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills
- Strong creativity in visual communications
- Must have an entrepreneurial work ethic with the ability to work independently
- Ability to travel within Canada to audit sites and meet with clients
Please submit your cover letter, cv/resume, and any supplemental documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
For Media Inquiries Please Contact:
Connect With Us
#800, 322 11 Ave SW
Calgary, AB T2R 0C5