WORK WITH US
Employment Opportunities at Level Playing Field
We are always looking for individuals passionate about accessibility/universal design.
In this exciting role, you will be responsible for directly working with the Project Managers (PM). The ideal candidate will have excellent written and oral communication skills, visual communication skills, a positive outgoing personality, and strong client relationship skills. The Communications Specialist will primarily be responsible for our firm’s RFQ and RFP responses and telling great stories for marketing items. Additional responsibilities will include writing and compiling public-facing presentations. An interest in and experience with professional social media will be considered an asset. Working as part of a creative team, they will demonstrate the ability to think critically, write compelling and tailored copy, while editing and refining the copy to ensure a cohesive and tailored response that prioritizes the clients’ requirements.
The Communications Specialist will be detail-oriented and flexible. They will also be able to proactively organize, coordinate and deliver proposals and reports of all sizes and complexity, in a fast-paced, detail-oriented, and collaborative environment. The position will offer an exciting variety of work, chances for further education, and exposure to a full range of activities within a professional services environment. Your creativity will be valued when it comes to our online presence, event management, and client communications.
- Create proposal content within Adobe InDesign.
- Writing and editing of proposal submission content to ensure a cohesive voice, persuasive style, and submissions, which prioritize the requirements of our clients.
- Layout and design of proposal submissions, with graphic packages that match the high quality of the written sections. It is equally important to communicate what distinguishes us as leaders in accessibility.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the full range of marketing materials for the firm, including templates, both online and print copy, including our bank of project sheets, and brochure
- Review and analyze in-bound proposal requests (such as RFQ, RFP, SOA, etc.) to help prepare response
- Read and distill RFP/RFQ’s
- Edit and proofread documents for grammar and clarity to ensure client requirements are met
- Attend client meetings and assist with the determination of project requirements
- Mastering use of our project management software
- Take meeting minutes / take-aways from meetings and phone calls recorded in Accelo
- Assist in occasional accessibility and site audit reporting
- Assist in organizing LPF Events and Seminars
- Attend conferences and events
- Work with an inter-disciplinary team to deliver projects on time and budget
- Social media and Awards postings
- Website design skills are a bonus
You know that long boring education you are suffering through:
- Degree in Architecture or related discipline ie. Interior Design
- Degree in Communications or related discipline ie. Marketing
- Diploma or bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or journalism with associated experience
- Background in architectural/engineering firms
- Minimum 1-year relevant experience, ideally in an Architecture, Visual Communications or Technical Writing
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in professional services marketing, which must include experience in the development of proposal submissions including RFPs, RFPs, and Client Presentations
- Excellent writing, design, and proofreading skills, including rigorous attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Suite and Microsoft Office to create reports, proposals, and other supporting documents ie; InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Excel & formulas
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Strong research skills
- Must be prepared to work outside of normal business hours to meet delivery schedules
- Must be able to work efficiently and well under pressure
- Strong multi-tasking and time management skills
- Adaptability – as no day is the same
- Produces high quality, tailored proposal, and marketing documents
- Must have an entrepreneurial work ethic with the ability to work independently
- Web Accessibility
- Website Design
- Rick Hansen Foundation Accessibility Certification
- WELL AP Certification
- Project Management Certification
A maximum of 1 page cover letter along with your resume and any supplemental documents are required in order to be considered. Attention to detail is a key skill for working with LPF. Failure to submit a cover letter will immediately disqualify you from being considered. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- What does Accessibility mean to you?
- What interested you about LPF?
- How do you handle a role with new challenges regularly?
- Do you have any experience with persons with disabilities?
- if so, could please provide more details
We thank all those who apply, but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
604 677 7799
403 612 7970
For Media Inquiries Please Contact:
647 242 1512
Connect With Us
Please contact the associated office for deliveries
LPF staff are temporarily working from home during COVID 19
We Work Worldwide
Level Playing Field ©2021 | Powered by WordPress | This website was handcrafted by the crew at Doug Ward Design